The Firsts: Grocery Shopping and Home-cooked meal

Tuesday, October 06, 2009

We went shopping for groceries together for the first time today..There were so many things to buy but we ended up buying hardly half of the items in the list..We arrived at Carrefour at 345pm and were determined to finish it by 500pm - didn't want to be trapped in the horror KL traffic. I was actually shocked to see the bill - RM185 for 41 items..Man, things in KL sure are expensive..Or maybe I havent gotten used to it..The last time I went to Tesco for groceries was when I was still in the UK and we could penuhkan the whole trolley for 50 quids. And this time its really just 1/3 of the trolley... Before we're married, we always went to the fish and rice sections, imagining how fun its gonna be pilih2 ikan and beras together..And we did it today and it was really fun..
Sometimes ppl find happiness in unexpected places..Like supermarket aisles...

So now that we had the basics, we could start cooking our own meals. Which I did just now for dinner. There were limited options available, utk warm-up my cooking skills (Oh yes, I had not cooked, not even once sejak balik dr Cardiff - which meant, a year and 2 months today) I cooked ikan sardin and telur goreng (hehhehehe)..OK, they're both the easiest things to prepare, but the cleaning up I had to do - bykgileanddidntjustifythefoodwesawonthetable..

While devouring our food,
Khalis said - Your ikan sardin's really good
I said - So this is the best sardin you've ever had?
And he answered - YES
OK, its just masak sardin (although I do have a secret recipe for sardin..<<--statement x bleh blah..hahaha)..but he just made my day..=))
The cost of the meal - just RM7.50 for two!Amazing!

0 comments: