Cameron Highlands Trip: Day 1

Sunday, January 31, 2010

We're now at Cameron Highlands - honeymoon no 4. I'm writing this from our room..

Cameron Highlands Day 1 (Friday):

I went through a hard time few weeks ago. Thats why Khalis brought me to Umbai and planned for our Cameron trip this week.

We left home at 1030. At first he drove and then I drove from Rawang to Tg Malim. And he continued until we reached Tanah Rata. I havent been to Cameron for years and I didnt remember how bad the road was. Long and winding journey! Khalis was an extremely good driver. Its the first time in my whole life that I actually reached Cameron without even the slightest bit of nausea. When we got there, naturally, we checked in first.

The hotel is just 2 mints away (by foot) from the main road (or the city itself). Our room is ok. A lil bit small but its clean, pretty basic but we get what we need. Most of the guests here are mat salleh and I was surprised that the hotel (actually its not a hotel la..guesthouse je la kot) is fully booked.

The temp outside is just nice but a lil bit colder in our room. The room doesnt have aircond or fan coz there's no need for one. And the air is so fresh!

What we did during the day:
We planned to have our lunch in tanah rata but accidentally drove all the way to Brinchang! We went to one of the foodcourts and I had rice+telur bungkus+tea and Khalis had nasi goreng kg+tomyam+horlicks. Traders/farmers were setting up their stalls when we got there, so we checked out some of the stalls. We bought fried mushroom (I love cendawan goreng, I love cendawan goreng, I love cendawan goreng, I love cendawan goreng!!) sweet potato,jagung bakar and 6 packets of dried fruits (so cheap!! just RM10 for 6!!). I could totally live here. The vege is super cheap - Ten packets for RM12!!

Dried fruits


Then we went to Boh. Going to Bharat would be easier but Khalis prefer Boh coz its the first one in cameron. when we got there, its already 420 and the teashop closes at 430. But we didnt care and ordered our food anyway. We loved the surroundings. Everywhere was green and the aromatic scent of tea.

View from the parking lot
The tea shop

Scone! A must have here (baru feeling UK sket)
Then we went to the view point. The journey up the hill was 174m and we got there panting coz its really steep.

View from the View Point
Spot the head!


We didnt do much at night. Had our dinner at an indian restaurant in tanah rata. I ordered chicken soup and khalis ordered mee mamak. Then we pusing2 town - went in and out all souvenir shops that were opened but bought nothing.

Its really cold at night. Now I'm shivering in my room

0 comments: