Ouch!

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

More often than not, accidents happen when you least want them to. Like when your husband just boarded the airplane like 2 hours ago.

I was doing the dishes when a dinner plate fell from the dish rack onto my right toe. I always knew that its gonna happen, coz the frame’s too low for the dinner plates. So when it did, I wasn’t surprised at all. There wasn’t so much pain, but my toe swelled almost instantly. And the blood, there was so much blood! It was everywhere on the floor. I would’ve uploaded the pic, but that’s too gross. The blood didn’t stop flowing, so I panicked a lil bit. Coz if its really not stopping then I wouldn’t know what to do – husband’s not around, I couldn’t drive and I didn’t know the neighbours. I did consider calling 911 (or whatever emergency number it was in Malaysia). But fortunately after a while it did stop. Then there was another problem. I knew I had minyak gamat hidden somewhere, but I really couldn’t remember which boxes or bags I put it into when I moved in here. So I went through all of them. And I found a box of plasters! Which I had forgotten and abandoned for quite sometime now. I bought it when I was in Cardiff. (Same thing happened to me in Cardiff, during my 1st year – I stepped on a piece of a smashed bottle -my housemates were partying the night before. I had my slippers on but that piece of shit still managed to get to my sole. It was worst then, I had nothing and I couldn’t walk. So when I fully recovered, I went to Tesco and bought a box of plasters. I never used any of them, not until the other night.)

I wanted to call Khalis, but his plane hadn't landed. So by the time I got to talk to him, the worst’s already over. I even finished cleaning up the mess (i.e. blood on the floor). But he sounded really worried. That’s all I wanted hear. And the next day, he called and asked me whether I was OK a few times. Khalis once told me that he loves me because I’m vulnerable and he could protect and take care of me, and someone better (i.e. tougher) would never be perfect for him. There are ppl who find happiness in giving or knowing that they are superior to others. I don’t know which category Khalis falls into, maybe neither, but I know that if its not contradictory to his beliefs, there’s nothing he wouldn’t do for me.

0 comments: