Food Oo Food

Thursday, November 05, 2009

I went back a lil bit early yesterday, around 600-630 coz I was planning to cook for hubby dearie. I was so semangat to cook yesterday that I skipped lunch and went grocery shopping instead kat Giant. I bought lotsa veggie and all perasa and rempah2 we didnt have yet.
I got home at like 645-ish and started cooking right away. Yesterday was one of those rare days of which I got home earlier than Khalis.

We were talking on Tuesday night, about the need to change our menu and have better (i.e. healthier) food on the table. And Khalis has agreed to substitute soft drinks and cordials with plain water. You see, if its up to me alone, I'd cook only soups...Not for health-related reasons, but because I love soups and I don't really like food with santan and deep-fried ones (except fast food of course!)

So yesterday, I decided to cook sup sayur and tofu with chicken and prawn. Khalis was skeptical with the tofu, he said - are you experimenting with another lauk yg x sedap. So I told him to trust me and makan je nanti. His worry was totally justified, coz the tofu mixture didnt look good in the bowl (and when its cooked)..But when Khalis tried it, he said that its good, and something that I could prepare again next time. The sup sayur was ok too..But its not a good companion for the tofu. But as I said over and over again, preparing healthy food means you'd have to compromise the taste (Although not all the time)..

Today I'm still semangat to cook. And I went to Giant lagi during lunch break. I'd been calling and emailing Khalis the first half of the day, but still no answer..so he's probably busy and I might get home earlier than he does again(!!) today.. I plan to cook Nasi Air for dinner..Khalis lovess nasi air..its a must have everytime he passes by Gua Musang. And he once said to me that my next challenge is to prepare nasi air yg sedap.. I dont like Gua Musang nasi air nyer style..I like the one I've had since I was a kid - basic one with no fancy lauk2..Thats the one I'm gonna do tonite..

So yes honey, cabaranmu ku sahut..

2 comments:

lumpkins said...

i happen to love soups....and tofu...and anything to do with soya beans...

thumbs up to you guys to start a healthy living..kitorg ni bila la plak nak start kan...huhu

gambare shut cabaran khalis...
rootin' for u girl

miiRaLeEs said...

thank you dear..but its not really working nowadays! been busy, no time to cook and have to rely on oily hawker food!huhu