Cameron Highland Trip: Day 2

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Ok..now we move on to our 2nd day in Cameron Highlands.
We went Ee Feng Gu Bee Farm first thing in the morning. No breakfast whatsoever. The bee farm was located further up Kea Farm .
Well yesterday I suggested to him that we go to one of the bee farms in Cameron. and Khalis just said no without much thinking. Said that bees would sting us..yeah, right. I didnt know what got into him that night but he suddenly googled for bee farms in Cameron and was adamant that we visited the biggest one (Ee Feng Gu) first thing in the morning

Small boxes (cant have hives here, can we?) for bees were everywhere.. The bee farm was ok2 la..nothing like fairytale..I dont know, but I think that there're not enough flowers for that many bees in the farm. Before we left we bought one big bottle of wild honey and one small jar of royal jelly
Khalis: Tgk, lebah ni posing utk kita lah!!


Then we went to Kea Farm market. Parking was a bitch. We had to go up and down the road twice before we found a spot behind a bus. Again, I bought fried mushroom. We just pusing2, see what they got there and before we went to our next destination, we bought bebola2 and corn cup. I must say this - Its the best corn cup ever!! The corn itself was reallllllllllllyyy sweet. When I bought corn cup in KL or where ever, I always asked for extra susu pekat.. I dont usually take sweet things - but in the rare occasion than I do, I prefer them to be super2 sweet.

Then we went to Big Red Strawberry Farm - Taman Agrotourism Cameron Highlands. Its big, but its really steep going up the hill and even steeper going down... (if its not steep, it aint Cameron).. Good thing was we were allowed to drive up the hill. So we saw lotsa veggie and fruits, some at their peak, some seeing the world for the first time. The cactus here was so cheap - small ones: 6 for RM10. I actually wanted to buy a few, but I wasnt so sure where to put them. There's a shop at the top and I ordered fresh strawberry juice. And guess what? Big mistake. Yes, strawberries in Cameron might look soo red, juicy, and so enticing. But they're anything but sweet. So I had no choice but to finish my RM4 sour strawberry juice (sayang duit ok!!). Khalis had strawberry milkshake which was really good.
Some pics from the farm..



Khalis had been mentioning KFC since yesterday, so when we got to Brinchang, we went to KFC. I got myself toasted twister and Khalis plak ordered this new set with shrimp nuggets. After KFC, we decided to go to Air Terjun Sungai Bisik only to be greeted by locked gate. So we went back up and stopped for a while at Cameron Valley Tea Shop (Bharat). Seriously, do not buy anything here. They sold 2 scones for RM12. There's absolutely no way a scone could cost more than RM2. Just flour, milk, sugar, salt, raisin and butter. No imported cheese whatsoever.

Then we went back to our room. We lepak2 and at night we went out for dinner. We went to the same Indian restaurant we went the night before. I ate cheese nan and chicken tikka and khalis ordered plain nan and chicken tandoori..Then we watched this Brit movie 'An Education' in our room. The movie's not bad at all. Everyone with teenage daughters aged 14-20 should make their daughters watch this at least once. Preferably with Taylor Swift's Fifteen played on the background.

0 comments: