Tiffin Deli

Thursday, March 13, 2008

330 am and I still cannot sleep. I slept at 7am yesterday and woke up at 1030am. I went shopping for hours and I'm supposed to be tired and sleeping macam batang kayu skang...I must say that I'm a bit annoyed. I doesnt matter how matter how many hours I sleep everyday, but I just cant sleep before 4am.

Anyway..
I went to the latest addition kat salisbury road yesterday, i.e. Tiffin Deli just out of curiosity. For no reason I had assumed that they only sell sweet2 stuff so x pnah masuk le before. So I got in, and they sell baguettes and other savoury stuff! I like this place already. More baguettes is exactly what Cathays needs.
The conversation I had with the tokey was interesting..

Me: Is the chicken halal?
He:Ye, yes, we do...The chicken that I buy has the arabic word on the box like the one that you see at front of other shops . It has the certificate issued by this imam. I'm not trying to fool you, its true. You know ham? I dont sell ham because its not halal. Many people asked me why I dont sell ham and told me that ham gives good money but I said cannot, I dont want to sell things that muslim customers cannot eat. Oh, and the things this side, I make them everyday using that oven over there. I buy the chicken from the shop next door (sheemal) so its halal.

I dont know ape bangsa this tokey, but he's not muslim. Terharu saya..

The shop has more than 10 different fillings! One beef and one prawn, the rest is every masakan chicken imaginable! I'm so happy! I'll probably go there again today. The baguettes at uni sucks, only has plain chicken, tuna/prawn mayo and veggie and Cafe 37 too lack variety.

0 comments: