Lies lies lies

Saturday, May 05, 2012

To say that I am enraged right now is an understatement. I just came back from Bandung so I couldnt write about this soon enough and it is now basi (old news) already.

Upon knowing Australian Senator Nick Xenophon, invited by Anwar to observe Bersih, commented that the Bersih protestors were well behaved, all state-controlled media were quick to publish all sort of articles to discredit him and paint him as anti-islam. NST went as far as replacing the word Scientology with Islam in one of his speeches in 2009 thus it was then read as "Islam is not a religious organisation. It is a criminal organisation that hides behind its so-called religious beliefs". NST however issued an apology the very next day.

This is fitnah (slander) and this is what our BN government is advocating. I am not at all surprised by this debacle. Kelantan after all has been on the receiving end of all sorts of fitnah for years (and counting). I dont watch RTM/TV3 news these days but during those days, especially when the General Election or By election were near, there would be a surge of negative coverage on Kelantan. And so far, no apologies issued.

This is only one small example of the kinda lies BN have been telling us. Thats lying.. how bout covering the truth? I dont think I have seen any mainstream newspaper publishing anything about the ongoing French judicial probe on the Submarine deal involving our beloved PM.

As a Muslim, this is not something I can approve of. I cant be supporting Umno (altho all of them are Malays and Muslims) knowing full well that they act like a bunch of munafiqun - one of the characteristics being "whenever he speaks, he tells a lie".

I dont necessarily want BN to die a quick death. I want them to learn from their mistakes and stop treating us like idiots. The leaders gotta stop acting like God and take criticism constructively.

0 comments: