Bukak Puasa @ KLCC

Friday, August 28, 2009

Yesterday, about lunch time, Khalis called me "Jom pegi buffet Imperial Chakri Palace"..So I thot - Good! My first ever Thai buffet..
OK, last year, I suggested lah we go to Chakri Palace utk bukak puasa, but it took him half a second to say No.
So when he ajak me yesterday, I was quite surprised lah - he's not a big fan of buffet nyer tempat..
He booked for 7pm.
But I had to go to Mont Kiara first - yesterday was our full year results annoucement and our dept mmg kene pegi.
My boss was the MC, but I missed his part coz we only arrived when the CFO was almost done. I'm not gonna talk about the the Group's results or what happened there etc coz its hardly about me, or Khalis
I was quiet cuak coz on the way there we saw that the traffic heading to KL mmg jam yg x nmpak ekor nyer..
Then I tumpang Allen coz he's also going to KLCC..Another cuakness coz his lampu minyak was already red when we got into the car.
Allen managed to get me to KLCC on time, but he had to go slightly further to fill up his tank

Moving on to Chakri,
For ala carte, I think its quiet good.
But for bukak puasa buffet, forget it..OK, they said that they have more than 50 dishes - but really, when 30 of them are kuih and stuff like keropok,popia etc, 50 is really sikit
They had one main dish each for udang, ayam, daging, ikan, sotong, crab and sayur..ok, 2 ayam..and of course la tomyam..
I think rasa-wise, everything was ok2 only..and they really lacked variety. And RM80/person was really not worth it.The only good thing about the dinner was that the money didnt come from my pocket =DD (Thank you Khalis!) I've been to better, but cheaper or similar buffet places and this one was so..dissapointing..Am positive that I wont be seen here ever again (at least for buffet)
So my conclusion? When it comes to buffet, always choose Japanese.





0 comments: